Friday, March 15, 2013

Willie Lou Wells

I was able to find quite a bit about her, but I haven't found out when or where she died.  Here is what I have so far...


Willie Lou Wells was born in Apr 1900 in Mississippi, USA as the third child of Joseph Quince Wells and Delanie Upchurch. She had four siblings, namely: Bettie Ann, Bertrum Lester, Polly Bell (married Andrew Taylor's brother and lived in all the same places that Willie lived), and Bessie (she's living with Willie in 1920 because both of their parents had already passed away.)  She married Andrew Joseph Taylor about 1914

Willie Lou Wells lived in Beat 4, Oktibbeha, Mississippi in 1900. She lived in Oktibbeha, Mississippi, USA in 1910. She lived in Beat 4, Monroe, Mississippi in 1920. She lived in Aberdeen, Monroe, Mississippi in 1930. She lived in St Louis, St Louis City, Missouri, United States on 01 Apr 1940.  The 1900 and 1910 Census records can be found here.  The others are below.  You'll notice in one of the census records it asks the age at their first marriage, and her answer was 14!! Wow!

Andrew Joseph Taylor and Willie Lou Wells had the following children... I was unable to find out ANYTHING about these children.  I will have to do a more exhaustive search on my next trip around, but for my regular search places, I came up with nothing.  I did find out about birth and death for a couple of them, but I couldn't find spouses or children for any of them!  :(

1. Lovie Lucille Taylor
2. Joseph Andrew Taylor
3. Ethel S Taylor
4. Nera D Taylor
5. Fannie M Taylor
6. Jewel Taylor
7. Doris Taylor
8. Annie M Taylor
9. Marvel R Taylor
10. George R Taylor
11. Frederick A Taylor

1920 US Federal Census - Beat 4, Monroe, Mississippi, USA

1930 US Federal Census - Aberdeen, Monroe, Mississippi, USA

1940 US Federal Census - St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
To do:
1. Find marriage certificate.  (It must be under their initials or misspelled in some kind of way because all the regular searches have turned up nothing)
2. Find out where/when she died.  Maybe Andrew's death information will help with that, or maybe I'll find a clue as I'm going through her children.

No comments:

Post a Comment